Full Business support
Other areas of expertise to support your business
BANKING, INSURANCE, AND FINANCING
Our attorneys advise our cannabis industry clients regarding banking, insurance, and other service providers. We also help our clients apply for federal, state, local, and private grants, and loan opportunities. In addition, our Cannabis and Corporate Practice Groups have developed an extensive network of cannabis industry businesses, policymakers, investors, venture capitalists, and other strategic partners who can assist your business in achieving its financial objectives.
Many of our cannabis industry clients are businesses. As a result, our attorneys advise their clients on the routine, day-to-day managerial and operational challenges cannabis industry businesses face as well as the most complex, multi-faceted financing and transactional needs your business may have. Our Cannabis and Corporate Practice Groups are well-versed in everything from business formation and governance to succession plans, mergers and acquisitions, dissolution, and liquidation.
Our attorneys can also assist your cannabis business with the drafting and negotiation of commercial contracts, including seed transfer and purpose, production, supply chain, transportation, and other industry-specific contracts.
Our Cannabis and Employment Practice Groups advise our cannabis industry clients on all aspects of employment law. Our attorneys assist our clients in:
- Drafting personnel policies and procedures, employment agreements, noncompete agreements, and affirmative action plans;
- Training managers, supervisors, and human resources professionals on employment law and cannabis industry law compliance;
- Handling employment situations such as hiring, termination, workplace violence, disability accommodations, investigating employee misconduct, downsizing, and reorganization;
- Conducting or advising management on conducting investigations of employees’ internal complaints of discrimination, harassment, fraud, theft, or other misconduct; and
- Utilizing mediation, arbitration, and other alternative dispute resolution (ADR) methods to resolve employment disputes quickly and cost-effectively.
Our attorneys also defend cannabis industry employers in federal and state courts against claims arising from the employment relationship, including discrimination, sexual harassment, breach of contract, workplace torts, trade secrets, covenants not to compete, and unfair competition claims.
Cannabis Employment lead
KATHLEEN ALT, EQUITY PARTNER
Real Estate, Zoning, Land Use, and Construction
Our Cannabis, Real Estate, and Water Law Practice Groups guide our clients through all aspects of the purchase and sale of property, leasing, zoning and land use due diligence and compliance, and water rights which may be necessary for meeting your business objectives.
Cannabis Real Estate lead
PETER SCHAUB, EQUITY PARTNER
Many of our clients own valuable intellectual property (IP) associated with their businesses or are reliant on IP owned by others to run their businesses. Our Cannabis and Intellectual Property Practice Groups help our clients with patent and trademark filings, copyrights, trade secrets, license agreements, and related IP litigation.
Cannabis IP lead
DAVID KERR, EQUITY PARTNER
It is not uncommon for cannabis businesses to find themselves in legal disputes. When that happens, BHGR’s Litigation Practice Group assists our clients in navigating the legal system and bringing contentious disputes to resolution. Our attorneys have successfully litigated numerous cannabis-related disputes.
Cannabis Litigation lead
GIOVANNI RUSCITTI, EQUITY PARTNER